Brain Injuries and the Loss of Professional Opportunities
When a person sustains a traumatic brain injury (TBI), the individual may develop disabilities that can dramatically affect his or her performance at work or derail his or her career aspirations. Loss of professional opportunities resulting from a severe head / brain injury can have a significant impact on a person’s emotional health as well as his or her finances. However, these injured individuals may be entitled to file for compensation to cover these damages if someone else caused the head trauma.
At Stepleton Dugan, LLC, we are dedicating to helping our Cincinnati clients secure the financial compensation they are owed following a brain injury caused by another person’s recklessness. Our attorneys can help you calculate the value of any loss of professional opportunities so that you can fight for the full amount you deserve.
Career Concerns After Head and Brain Injuries
Brain injuries and their consequences can impact a person’s professional aspirations or proficiencies in the following ways:
- Memory loss, which can make it difficult to remember job-related skills or learn new ones
- Language loss, which can make communication with coworkers or clients difficult, if not impossible
- Paralysis or motor control disabilities, which can disrupt a person’s ability to perform physical labor
- Loss of the ability to make sense of certain shapes or patterns, impacting an individual’s ability to design or complete abstract work
- Loss of certain senses, especially sight or hearing
Injured individuals can take legal action to secure remuneration for their lost wages, and, in some cases, they may even be able to secure compensation for lost professional opportunities in the future.
Contact a Brain Injury Lawyer in Cincinnati
If you or someone you love has sustained a brain injury because of someone else’s negligence, you should not have to shoulder the related burdens alone. For more information about your legal options after a brain injury in Cincinnati, contact an attorney from Stepleton Dugan, LLC, today by calling 513-321-7733.