Frequently Asked Questions
In the wake of a serious accident or injury, victims are likely dealing with a range of difficulties related to medical treatment, pain and suffering, property damage, and financial losses. In such trying situations, it is understandable for victims to have numerous questions about their legal options, who is responsible for their losses, and what they can do to pursue the compensation they need.
At Stepleton Dugan, LLC, we understand how important the answers to these questions are, which is why we have provided the following list of some of the questions we are asked most frequently along with their answers. We hope that the information provided on these pages is helpful, but if you do not see the information you are looking for on this page, do not hesitate to contact our Cincinnati personal injury lawyers by calling 513-321-7733.
- An insurance company is requesting full access to my medical records. Should I give them these records?
- An insurer is requesting an accident report. Should I answer their questions?
- Can an attorney help me with case paperwork?
- Can I afford your legal services?
- Can I be guaranteed compensation for my injuries?
- Can I collect punitive damages in my case?
- Can I sue again if I’m unhappy with my settlement or court award?
- Do I have to go to court?
- Do I have to take my case to court in order to recover compensation?
- Do I need to find experts to strengthen my case and support my evidence?
- Do I really need an attorney for my personal injury lawsuit?
- How will compensation be paid?
- If I win, how will I receive my compensation?
- My current lawyer is doing a poor job with my case. Can you help?
- Should I settle with the defendant or should I wait for the court’s decision?
- What do I need to prove when suing an automotive manufacturer?
- What if I was partially at fault for the incident?
- What is negligence?
- What kind of compensation could I recover?
- What kinds of records should I keep of my injuries and expenses?
- What’s the difference between negligence and recklessness?
- When do I need to file a personal injury claim?
- When should I speak with an attorney?
- Will my doctor allow me to pay them after a lawsuit?